This document provides guidelines for people who want to contribute to the documentation-style-guide-sphinx project.
- check if the bug or feature request has already been filed. It may have been answered too!
- else create a new ticket.
- if you plan to contribute, tell us, but don’t wait for us! So that we are given an opportunity to discuss, join forces or give feedback as soon as possible.
Fork and branch¶
- Work in forks and branches.
- Prefix your branch with the ticket ID corresponding to the issue. As an
example, if you are working on ticket #23 which is about headings convention,
name your branch like
Download and install¶
git clone email@example.com/benoitbryon/documentation-style-guide-sphinx.git cd documentation-style-guide-sphinx/ make install
If you cannot execute the Makefile, read it and adapt the few commands it
contains in the
install section to your needs.
In your commit messages, reference the ticket with some
Test and build¶
Tests and builds will automatically be triggered before commit:
- tests include the build of documentation and README as HTML.
- a Git pre-commit hook  is installed during Download and install.
If you want to run them manually, use the provided Makefile:
- run tests with
- build documentation with
- build README with